Supporting Soundtouch in a hotel environment

Supporting Soundtouch in a hotel environment

bgarr33434bgarr33434 Posts: 3Member
A few questions.  First, I'm going on the assumption that once I get my key for a speaker, my device just needs to be on the same network, but internet is no longer required.  Second, how do I get keys for a large number of speakers.  Is there a mass enrollment option?

Comments

• kdw2060kdw2060 Posts: 13Member
    The key is only needed for the /speaker POST call (transmitting a short soundfile over the speakers), other api-calls don't require a key. The key is also developer-account based and not speaker-based, so one key suffices.

The /speaker call DOES require internet-access though, your key gets verified over the internet. Other calls don't require internet access as far as i know. The Bose staff on here will be able to corroborate or correct.
  • bgarr33434bgarr33434 Posts: 3Member
    Thanks.  So the only call I will need to make is Volume=X.  If what you say is true, then I only need to know the IP address assigned to each speaker.  Hopefully someone from Bose will confirm!
  • Zach@Bose[email protected] Posts: 156Admin
    Hi @bgarr33434

I can confirm that internet access is not required to change the volume! I definitely recommend testing any implementation in this regard before rolling it out broadly, but the specific volume control command does not require internet access.