NYC Competition 2019 - Fitness Tracker

NYC Competition 2019 - Fitness Tracker

andynovak12andynovak12 Member Posts: 8
Hi all!

I made an iOS app that uses Bose AR to track a person's workout. For now, it only handles sit-ups, but I would like to expand it in the future for many other exercises.  

The idea behind the app is to make work-out tracking as simple as possible, to enable users to visualize their progress over time. With this app, they would get deep analytics around their workout, all without the need to manually enter any information into an app!

The app is still a prototype, so it is limited to tracking only sit-ups. To use the app, the user just needs to opens the app, pair their Bose AR headset, and then double-tap the headset to start tracking their sit-ups. The app provides in-depth data which would not be possible without the Bose AR technology. For every sit-up, the app shows the amount of time the user spent: 
  • moving up 
  • resting at the top of the sit-up
  • moving down
  • resting before starting their next sit-up

The user can double-tap the headset to pause and resume the tracking. And when the user if finished, they can tap on the “Done” button to save their workout. Their workouts are saved and could be viewed in the app’s “History” tab. 

Future direction:

There are a lot of features I want to add to this app. Here is a list:

• Sounds: The user has headphones in their ears, so why not use them to give feedback on the tracking. The app could play a sound (e.g. a ding sound) every 1, 5, or 10 reps. Another option is to have the count said out loud to the user. 
  • More exercises: The app will be able to track more exercises in the future. One advanced feature is to have the app detect the type of exercise based on the movements of the headphone and automatically log the exercises as the user continues through their workout. I would like to add support for pushups, squats, jump-rope, pull-ups, and planks.
  • Apple Healthkit: The workout could be added to the user’s other workouts in Apple Health by integrating with Apple Healthkit.
  • More Data: The user would gain value for more data gathered from their workout, such as the range of motion for each sit-up. 
  • Data Presentation: The UI/UX of the data presentation could be greatly improved by adding charts and graphs that make it easier for the user to digest the information and draw conclusions about their progress. 

Test Build:

If anyone wants to try this out, feel free to download it from TestFlight using this link: https://testflight.apple.com/join/e3AkoIf2

Let me know what you think!

Best,

Andy

P.S. Sorry for the late post. I was waiting on Apple to approve my build for External Testing through TestFlight. 

Comments

• Nadine@Bose[email protected] Member Posts: 111
    Hi @andynovak12,

Thank you for the submission! @[email protected]  and I enjoyed playing your app. It's definitely an awesome prototype that can go far.  We look forward to seeing how you grow the app and introduce sound in the experience during the Pitch Competition set at company.co. 

We are considering this app as one of the finalist.  Please send an email to [email protected] about who worked on the project, their email addresses, GitHub information, and README information.

Thanks very much! Look forward to your email.

Nadine