Bose AR at SXSW 2019?

Bose AR at SXSW 2019?

twontwon Member Posts: 3
Hi, will there be any Bose AR official or unofficial demos / talks / pop-ups at the upcoming (2019) SXSW?

Will there be anywhere to buy a pair of Frames in Austin, ideally near the SXSW venues?

Comments

• Nadine@Bose[email protected] Member Posts: 111
    HI @twon,

We will have demos and experiences at SXSW.

Currently, you can purchase Frames from our Bose site:  https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/wearables/bose-frames-alto.html 

If you look, there is a link called: find a store near you - you can see which Austin store may have it!

Hope to see you in Austin!
    nadine
  • yosunyosun Member Posts: 29
    I usually speak at SXSW yearly but was planning to skip this year. Found out about your SXSW contest last week... and Submitted to your SXSW contest and hoping to make it to Austin as a finalist!

https://bosedevs.bose.com/discussion/527/soundisms-sneak#latest 
  • twontwon Member Posts: 3
    Hi @yosun - can you please provide a link with information about the contest? Good luck with your submission!

• Michael@Bose[email protected]se Member Posts: 66
    Hi @twon - I'm not sure if @yosun is referring to something different, but she may have been referring to the Bose AR + Capital Factory Pitch Competition.

While the timing and location of the finalists being announced does coincide with the timing and location of SXSW, namely March 10th in Austin, it isn't directly or officially affiliated with SXSW.

Also, there may indeed be special pop up stores around Austin during SXSW where people can purchase Bose Frames devices  :)

Here's the link you requested: https://info.capitalfactory.com/bosepitch
  • twontwon Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Michael, that looks great. I would love to come along (without pitching) to the Pitch Competition, but can't see how to do that on the Capital Factory site. Any suggestions?
    Sorry for the confusion! It seems the dev blog is the only source that mentions SXSW  https://developer.bose.com/content/bose-ar-50000-pitch-competition-submissions-are-open-now 

Many companies hold unofficial non-SXSW affiliated events during SXSW. Capital Factory has also held several few startup-related meetups during SXSW of interest to SXSWi attendees. Pitch events are also fairly common, so it completely fits the theme. I think it would be interesting for Bose.Ventures to make it an official SXSW event. 
  • Michael@Bose[email protected] Member Posts: 66
    Really glad to see all the interest!

@twon - Just to clarify, the Pitch Competition isn't an event, but rather the contest I linked to. The finalists & winners for that contest will be made public on March 10th at an event in Austin, but we haven't made any public announcements beyond the date and city of the event (and a reference, which @yosun astutely noted, to the fact that it happens during the timeframe of SXSW). I expect more information to be made public soon, but there's nothing we have to share just yet. 

@yosun -  to be clear, Pitch Competition-related activities are not the entirety of what Bose is doing at SXSW.

In fact,  you may be interested to know (you too @twon) that Bose is again running an SXSW Official Bose AR event at Half Step, as we did last year, for three days this year from March 9th - 11th. Here is an official SXSW page detailing day 1 of the event, and if you click on "Half Step" you can see the hours for all three days: 

https://schedule.sxsw.com/2019/events/OE38473 

Hope this helps!

Michael
    Cool - I saw early prototypes of the Frames at SIGGRAPH and SXSW last year. 

Have the finalists for the Pitch Competition happening during SXSW been announced? What's the roadmap like for developers t to be able to publish their Bose AR SDK apps?  
  • edited 03/06/2019 - 01:29
    yosunyosun Member Posts: 29

@yosun -  to be clear, Pitch Competition-related activities are not the entirety of what Bose is doing at SXSW.

@[email protected] Of course! Usually companies schedule several events happening, sometimes they have full agenda's where there are different event every hour during most of Interactive or beyond.

Haven't heard back regarding my entry, so will have to assume my app did not make it. Keen to find out what you guys picked - some words from the judges would be helpful feedback.
  • Michael@Bose[email protected] Member Posts: 66
    Hi @yosun - I've been told by Capital Factory, who are handling these communications, that all notifications regarding Pitch Competition entries will have been sent by midday tomorrow at the very latest. If you haven't heard anything by then please reply to this note and I will look into it!
    Hi Michael, they just sent out a template rejection letter. Being a Bose AR developer, I'm curious what the community has made - haven't seen many posts here. Do you know who the finalists are?  
  • SaraBossmaSaraBossma Member Posts: 3
    yosun said:
    Hi Michael, they just sent out a template rejection letter. Being a Bose AR developer, I'm curious what the community has made - haven't seen many posts here. Do you know who the finalists are?  
    also interested in learning this :)

@twon - Just to clarify, the Pitch Competition isn't an event, but rather the contest I linked to. The finalists & winners for that contest will be made public on March 10th at an event in Austin, but we haven't made any public announcements beyond the date and city of the event (and a reference, which @yosun astutely noted, to the fact that it happens during the timeframe of SXSW). I expect more information to be made public soon, but there's nothing we have to share just yet. 

In fact,  you may be interested to know (you too @twon) that Bose is again running an SXSW Official Bose AR event at Half Step, as we did last year, for three days this year from March 9th - 11th. Here is an official SXSW page detailing day 1 of the event, and if you click on "Half Step" you can see the hours for all three days: 

Hope this helps!

Michael
    apologies if this double posts. Does anyone know if the Monday event at Half Step will have any performances?

Hope this helps!

Michael
    Hey Michael!
    I'm heading to Austin in the morning and am super excited. So the link for the Half Step event is from 10-6pm. There's a simultaneous Bose frames pop up at 75 Rainey (also on Tues), which I think is more of a public event, not just for developers @[email protected] does that sound about right? 

also do you know if any of the events will have any musical performances? 

I'm happy to share pics starting tomorrow if anyone  like! 

Hi! 

Curious who the finalists at SXSW were and what they pitched/built.