Issues with Pandora on Soundtouch 300 API

Issues with Pandora on Soundtouch 300 API

isaachuiisaachui Posts: 1Member
Hello,

I have a soundtouch 300 and have been messing around with the API. I'm able to get it to turn on and off, but one of the ways I use it is to play Pandora. 
I have sent a POST request to
my.soundtouch.bar:8090/select
with xml body of
<ContentItem source="PANDORA" sourceAccount="[email protected]"></ContentItem>
and I get the error of
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<errors deviceID="04A316E88A4C">
    <error value="1019" name="CLIENT_XML_ERROR" severity="Unknown">no location id</error>
</errors>
There is no mention of "location" or "location id" anywhere in the API reference, but now I know that the xml body should look similar to below, but I don't know where to find location. 
<ContentItem source="PANDORA" sourceAccount="[email protected]" location="somenumber?"></ContentItem>
It seems like "location" is something unique to pandora and per station. Is there a way to GET more details of the sources in /sources? It's clearly visible to browse in the soundtouch app, but the API seems lacking in a lot of ways. I was exploring this option as a way to integrate into google home since there's no native integration. Any help or direction would be great. Thanks!

Comments

• Zach@Bose[email protected] Posts: 153Admin
    Hi @isaachui

Thanks for giving the API a spin! What you're finding is in line with the current capabilities of the API. The ability to start the playback of music via /select is limited to POSTing content items that are pulled directly from a GET to /now_playing (and thus the music needs to have been started already via a Bose interface).

This mechanism can be used to support things like additional favorites/presets, but unfortunately we're not able to expose via this API the information that would be necessary to allow for partner applications to search/browse music services directly (which feeds the "location" and "location id" parameters).

If you have additional questions, please let us know!