Audio Notification API

Audio Notification API

keyserkeyser Posts: 1Member

Hi there,

I´m trying to make an Alexa Skill for Spain, as you Bose don´t support the Soundtouch devices in the skill available in our market. So, today I started learning about the Bose Soundtouch API. Surprisingly, I apparently have access only to an "Audio Notification API" whose only released method is the Status... is this correct? why? Is your public API prepared for such integration with Alexa? I don´t want to waste my time so the direct question could be: where could I be informed about your Bose´s future developments roadmap, related with Alexa´s skills and our country?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Zach@Bose[email protected] Posts: 156Admin
    Hi @keyser - I'm not able to comment on our roadmap, unfortunately. In terms of using the SoundTouch API to build an Alexa skill, it is somewhat possible, but requires a bridge to the local network since the SoundTouch API is not accessible remotely.

An example of how this could work can be seen here: https://github.com/Zach-Rose-Bose/SoundTouch_Alexa_Skill -- I'm not sure if the code in this example is still workable (it may be, but I'm not actively maintaining it), and it's very much a prototype that may only be suitable for personal use, but I thought I'd share it in case it could help you get started if you do choose to develop something.

Finally, in terms of access, you should have access to the entire API. The Audio Notification API is the only API endpoint that requires an API key, and thus is the only one that shows up when registering an app in the "My Apps" section, but all the endpoints covered in the SoundTouch API Reference should be available for you to use. 

Hope this helps!