audio notification support on soundtouch SA-5?

audio notification support on soundtouch SA-5?

habedakhabedak Posts: 6Member

Are there any plans to also support the audio notification API on the soundtouch SA-5 in the not too distant future? We mainly use built-in speakers in our house, and it would be nice to 'audio-notify' through them as well...

Comments

• Zach@Bose[email protected] Posts: 143Admin

Hi habedak,

We'd ideally like to support Audio Notifications for all SoundTouch products, SA-5 included! However, for various reasons (depending on the specific product) there are different limitations that have driven us to just starting with the 3 currently supported (SoundTouch 10, SoundTouch 20 Series III, and SoundTouch 30 Series III). I can't comment on any specific plans at the moment, but SA-5 compatibility is something we'll investigate, and I will post back here with any updates when I can.

• LeeIIITNLeeIIITN Posts: 1Member

Adding my request to this as well.. The API looks very promising. I presently have implemented a more complex approach to accomplish the same with HomeSeer. However, this could become a very elegant solution to providing notifications and then allowing the music to resume.

I have several SA-5's with built-in speakers so this is a definite request for "me too please"!

• methosmethos Posts: 1Member

+1 for SA-5 support :)

• edited 08/31/2018 - 02:11
    peterdbpeterdb Posts: 1Member

Another +1 for SA-5 support!