Rename the Customer facing Name of the AUX Channel

Rename the Customer facing Name of the AUX Channel

cpohlecpohle Posts: 5Member

Hi folks,

I've made a small routine that changes one of my speakers to its AUX Channel, then adds all other Multiroom Speakers as slaves and sets the volume. Works fine (and besides: Thank's to BOSE for allowing an AUX Source to be Distributed to Multiroom, my Friends with SONOS are somewhat jealous about this....).

Now all Speakers display a big "AUX" while playing. My question is, whether/how I can change this. Afaik there is no POST Type of the /sources command, right?

Any idea how I could change the displayed souce Name to e.g. "Best DJ in the World" or if you like more to "BOSE Speakers are the Best"?

Regards
Christian

Comments

• Zach@Bose[email protected] Posts: 160Admin

Hi Christian,

I'm glad to hear you've got things working! A follow-up question for you to make sure I understand your question - are you talking about the "AUX" that is displayed on the OLED on-product display for the SoundTouch 20 and SoundTouch 30? Or are you referring to a display elsewhere, such as the app?

Thanks!
    Zach

• cpohlecpohle Posts: 5Member

Hi Zach,

yes, my question is about the bultin OLED Display on my SoundTouch 20 Devices. As it is an OLED Display that can display so many things, I wonder, whether I can set the Display somehow via the API to a nicer string when it is playing my AUX Signal. The BOSE app doesn‘t matter in this case.

Christian

• Zach@Bose[email protected] Posts: 160Admin

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately, the systems do not have the capability at this time to allow for changing this string to something other than the default AUX. I will note this feedback as we consider potential future improvements.

Apologies this is not supported for you at this time!

Best,
    Zach

• edited 07/05/2018 - 10:22
    cpohlecpohle Posts: 5Member

Hi Zach,

nevertheless, thank you for your effort. I'm looking forward to this being implemented in a future release and until then I am staring at the AUX (that is currently being displayed on the ST20 in my Office) and think of you.....

BR
    Christian