Missing multi-speaker functionality

Missing multi-speaker functionality

TimDonovanTimDonovan Posts: 4Member

This is all very good but I've been able to do audio notifications (such as TTS) to my Bose speakers via Home Assistant for a long time (without an artificial API limit imposed). So what exactly does this add? The ability for it to gracefully resume what it was doing before the notification is something I suppose, but again that would be possible using the existing API and Home Assistant in about 10 minutes, to preserve pervious state and resume.

My biggest issue is it doesn't support groups of speakers and is quite slow to start up (4 seconds). So for me, in terms of household notifications it's quite a poor experience. Just my feedback.

Comments

• Zach@Bose[email protected] Posts: 160Admin

Thanks TimDonovan - your feedback here is appreciated. Regarding the 4 second startup time, that's not the experience we intend, and we haven't been able to reproduce anywhere near that much of a delay on our end. If you'd be willing to capture and send us logs from the speakers that are seeing this delay, that could help us better understand the issue and work towards resolving it. If you're interested in capturing logs, send me an email and we can go from there.

Regarding groups -- there are a couple different options here. For groups that are currently formed/playing, you can send an Audio Notification to the master and it will play on all speakers in the group. Alternatively, you can send individual Audio Notification requests to each desired speaker -- with this approach the notifications won't be in tight audio sync, but we've found that to be OK for a number of notification use cases.

Thanks again for your feedback, and let us know if you have further thoughts or questions!

• edited 06/02/2018 - 10:04
    juan11perezjuan11perez Posts: 1Member

Good day, Tim. Came a cross your post searching how to TTS in HA. Would you mind sharing your process. Thank you?