getZone response

getZone response

edited 02/19/2018 - 15:40 in SoundTouch API
tomzutomzu Posts: 1Member

According to your docs, "getZone" members contain a MAC ADDRESS

I am currently getting this reply from my box, wondering why one member is reported twice, one time without mac?

5065833B5888
A0F6FD368609

Comments

• Zach@Bose[email protected] Posts: 160Admin

Hi Tomzu,

First, sincere apologies in taking so long to reply to this thread. According to our engineering team, this does not look right and could be a bug. With that in mind, can you help us out with the following questions?

• What products are you using in this zone, and in what configuration (which is master, which are members)?
    • What are the firmware versions for each of the products in this zone? You can find the firmware version via GET /info or using the SoundTouch app by going to SETTINGS > ABOUT > clicking a product name.
    • Are you able to consistently reproduce this response? If so, what are the steps to reproduce?

Answers to these can help us best troubleshoot what you are seeing. Thank you!

• Groucho MarxGroucho Marx Posts: 8Member

I have been fooling around using curl. It looks to me that in the setZone-command (probably similar to other commands) the so-called $MACADDR is the deviceID as returned in the info command. These values are not always identical to the mac address of the device (at least for my devices).
    Can somebody please confirm or correct me?

• Zach@Bose[email protected] Posts: 160Admin

Hi Groucho,

Technically, yes, it is a MAC address, though SoundTouch devices actually have two MAC addresses (you can see this in the /info response). The deviceID is the one that matters. Our documentation is not clear on this, though -- I'm going to work with the team on fixing that and will post back here once I have!

• edited 04/01/2018 - 13:28
    Groucho MarxGroucho Marx Posts: 8Member

fine, thank you.

• edited 04/02/2018 - 09:12
    Zach@Bose[email protected] Posts: 160Admin

We've updated the Control API docs in an attempt to be more clearer regarding deviceID and MAC Addresses, especially around Zones. Let me know what you think!

• edited 04/10/2018 - 16:27
    Groucho MarxGroucho Marx Posts: 8Member

Yeah, thats it!