Bose NC 700 - The Worst Experience

Bose NC 700 - The Worst Experience

edited 12/28/2021 - 23:24 in Other Stuff
FrustratedGuyFrustratedGuy Member Posts: 1
So here I was looking for new headphones. I looked at reviews and comparisons on YouTube and articles on the internet. The Bose NC 700 gained a good score on all of them, so I thought these were high quality headphones, so I bought them. I started using them and they were really good. It was something I have never experienced with headphones. But here comes the twist. After only a few months, I started hearing a crackling and hissing noise from my left earcup out of nowhere. Since these weren't cheap headphones, I was sure to take care of them very carefully: Gently putting them on, always return them to their case when not in use, etc..
Luckily they were under warrenty. So I sent them over, and waited a whole month or a little less to get them back. They said they replaced the left earcup. So I put them on and the noise was gone. I hoped this wouldn't happen again in the future - OH BOY I WAS WRONG. After a few months the SAME EXACT issue happened - crackling and hissing noise from the left earcup. Now how does the same exact issue happen after almost the exact same amount of time? I have no clue but this can't be a coincidence (implying on a design flaw). They still were under warrenty so I sent them over for the second time again. I waited almost a month again just to get a new pair. Yes they gave me a new pair. At this point I wanted to return them and get my money back, however the policy didn't allow it. Anyway, I was using them again and everything was fine until again after a few months another issue had happened (not the same one). The cushion got RIPPED. I have no clue why that happened - I was even more careful with them now (implying on a design flaw again). So I sent them over for the 3rd time, and after a month of waiting, I got a new pair again. They gave me another new pair (This is the current pair I have). At this point they were not in warrenty anymore, and keep in mind I couldn't even return them before the warrenty ended, because they wouldn't let me. Now it's been a month and guess what now? The first issue came back to annoy me again. Yep, that's right crackling and hissing from the left earcup. And now they are not under warrenty anymore, so I can't do anything other than throw them and my money in the trash. I literally got SCAMMED out of my money. Bose what do you have to say about this? I am also not the only one that is experiencing these issues. Most of the users, according to what I see on this community and reddit, experience these issues (mostly the crackling and hissing). Is this a scam? Can I get my money back? Is it a design flaw? I want answers. I am very frustrated.