Cannot connect to frames over USB in editor

Cannot connect to frames over USB in editor

egradmanegradman Member Posts: 1
Hi I'm trying to connect my frames to Unity in-editor using the provided `MainMenu.unity` scene.  I've switched to the USB provider and added a device intent as described in the YouTube video.  The frames are detected, but when I click connect I get "Device failed to connect."  The Console shows "Have not heard from the device in [~3] seconds"

- Unity 2019.2.6f1 on a Mac running 10.14.6
- SDK version 4.0.5
- Bose Frames running firmware 4.1.4 (newly upgraded, however the previous firmware had the same issue)

The Bose Updater can connect to these frames on this computer.

Comments

• Filip@Bose[email protected] Member Posts: 43
    Hey egradman, thank you for your question. Can you try to follow all the steps in the Youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1QgxB_ikJQ&t=10s) from the beginning with an empty scene?
    Let me know if you are still having issues.
  • mihaivomihaivo Member Posts: 2
    I seem to be having the same problem and followed that exact tutorial.

I tried on a Windows PC and it doesn't work either, but it give a different error message.

Any ideas what I can do to fix/debug?

Do we require a special cable?
  • Filip@Bose[email protected] Member Posts: 43
    @mihaivo Thank you for your report. Can you confirm which device you are using , firmware version and SDK version?

We have gotten similar reports and they seem to be focused around the new (small) Altos Bose Frames. We have a major update coming out in January (version 4.1) that should address all these issues.

Thank you for your patience as we try to get to the bottom of this issue.
  • mihaivomihaivo Member Posts: 2
    Any news on that update? Still none has come out and the same problem occurs.

I am running the latests available versions:
    Bose Alto Frames Firmware: 4.1.4
    Unity SDK: 4.1.0