Device Continue to say "Ready To Connect"

Device Continue to say "Ready To Connect"

airinterfaceairinterface Member Posts: 3
Hi I  have a bose device, although I can connect and get heading data through Bose Android SDK,
while I'm able to read the data through created session, it continues to say "Ready To Connect".

Is there any process that I'm missing that you can point out? 

Comments

• Bryan@Bose[email protected] Member Posts: 12
    Hey @airinterface

Are you connected to multiple devices in your immediate proximity i.e (your laptop, another phone, etc). If so try and disconnect from all other devices and try and reconnect fresh.

Bryan @ Bose
  • edited 09/28/2019 - 00:03
    jmkanagyjmkanagy Member Posts: 6
    Hi Bryan,

I just wanted to follow up on this one because I notice the same issue, even if I disconnect any other connected devices. This happens with my own experimental app as well as the supplied BasicExample. It seems there are 2 separate listings in the Bluetooth settings for the Bose Frames, one is LE-Bose Frames used by the SDK. The other one is just called "Bose Frames" without the LE, and that seems to hook up to the audio output of the phone.

It seems that the Bose SDK at least the way it's being used in the example only hooks up to the "LE Bose Frames", I get all of the sensor data, but I can't hear any audio through the frames - it just plays through my phone's external speakers. Also, the frames keep saying "Ready to connect..." as if they are not connected to my phone.

If I go into my phone's BT settings manually, I can connect to the "Bose Frames" in addition to "LE-Bose Frames". This silences the "Ready to connect..." I can then hear the audio files playing through my app in the Frames. 

Is there a way to just connect to the Bose Frames via the sdk that also runs the audio output through the frames and silences the "Ready to connect"? 

I have tested on iphone X and an old iphone S.
    SDK is the latest that just came out 4.0.11

Thanks!

• Bryan@Bose[email protected] Member Posts: 12
    Hey @jmkanagy , when you disconnect your devices please make sure you forget the pairing. Try doing a fresh pairing through the Bose Connect app and not through the bluetooth. Also make sure there are no cross pairings from multiple Bose products or phones.

If that does not work, please send me over the Android Device you are using (model, year, version).

Let me know how it goes
    Bryan
  • edited 09/30/2019 - 17:24
    jmkanagyjmkanagy Member Posts: 6
    Hey @jmkanagy , when you disconnect your devices please make sure you forget the pairing. Try doing a fresh pairing through the Bose Connect app and not through the bluetooth. Also make sure there are no cross pairings from multiple Bose products or phones.

If that does not work, please send me over the Android Device you are using (model, year, version).

Let me know how it goes
    Bryan
    Thanks for the reply! The original poster was using Android SDK, but I am seeing this with the iPhone X running IOS 12.4.1 This time I made sure the Frames were disconnected and forgotten in my BT settings, and there are no cross-pairings with any other phone AFAIK. I only paired using the SDK's ConnectUI. The behavior is that audio from my app is going to the iphone speakers, not the frames although the app is able to get heading sensor data (which is the only sensor I am using at the moment). The Frames keep saying "Ready to Connect", as before.

I did also try configuring my AVAudioSession to only output to bluetooth, and in that case, I get no sounds. 

I can provide you with all of the logging output from the Frames if that would help.

Julie Kanagy
    Sr. Software Engineer
    productOps, Inc.

• jmkanagyjmkanagy Member Posts: 6
    I will post this in the ios forum. (sorry for the noise!) When I initially searched this issue, I didn't realize results were for across all forums.