Connection UI will show but never discover or connect to a Bose AR device

Connection UI will show but never discover or connect to a Bose AR device

OffPlanetOffPlanet Member Posts: 4
Anyone else having issues with connecting to devices? Our app will successfully deploy to Android and iOS, "but upon open the Connection UI will show but never discover or connect to a Bose AR device." Happens with the frames, QC35's and 700s. We can hear the theme music running as if the device is connected.  We're on Unity version 2019.1.0f2, and Xcode 10, BoseAR SDK 4.0. We've successfully connected to devices (Frames and 700) on previous Test Flight builds.  Thanks in advance for your help! 

Comments

• daniel@bose[email protected] Member Posts: 41
    @OffPlanet
    Thanks for your post and being detailed with the version, device and tooling.  That really helps us track down the specifics.
    I'll forward this to our team to see if they can reproduce your issue under the same conditions.   

One thing that tripped me up when first using the Usb provider,  unity's editor sometimes takes over the mouse and won't register the clicks.  Hitting escape and then enter on the keyboard will then cause the selected device listed to be selected and clicked, and thus start the connection.   Might not be the solutions, but try that, and in the meantime I'll bring your specifics back to the team.

Thanks for your patience as we trouble shoot this issue,

@[email protected]

• Michael@Bose[email protected] Member Posts: 66
    Hi @OffPlanet have you tried building your project to mobile using a more stable version of Unity?

My guess is that this may solve your problem. But either way, it will help us further triage and narrow down what could be causing this perplexing non-connection issue.

Cheers,

Michael @ Bose

• edited 08/23/2019 - 04:43
    Thanks Daniel and Michael! Today we were able to successfully build the Android apk, connect to the QC35's and play the game all the way through by re-installing Resonance to confirm support for ARM64 (that fix was for a separate bug), and modifying the BoseAR plugin /wearable UI script...more specifics to follow once we test build on iOS and confirm it's connecting to the Frames. 
  • edited 08/27/2019 - 17:59
    Hi @[email protected] Testing your suggestion we went back to Unity 2018.4.7f1. We were able to connect once and then ran into the same issue of not locating devices - Frames, QC35 and 700s. Another problem is that version of Unity doesn't support ARM64 or Google Resonance. Haven't had a chance to test iOS build with our Android workaround yet. 
  • Filip@Bose[email protected] Member Posts: 43
    @OffPlanet on another note, always make sure to keep your device firmware up to date.
    You can always do a quick update at 
    https://btu.bose.com/
    Cheers!