Sound effect cut off

Sound effect cut off

psychosyspsychosys Member Posts: 7
Working on a game that uses Frames. We have a punch sound effect that is getting cut off. Is there any chance that Bose Frames have some kind of noise normalization build in to prevent audio pops, things of that nature?

Comments

• Michael@Bose[email protected] Member Posts: 66
    Hi @psychosys - can you please test implementation with a "dumb" bluetooth audio peripheral running the same punch sound effect from your unity project to confirm it isn't simply an issue with the global, system wide bluetooth connection.

The reason I ask this, as a first triage step, is that the Bose AR SDK actually doesn't send the audio to your headset, it's the normal bluetooth connection that any bluetooth peripheral would use which sends the sound to your headset. Given that, it may be an implentation issue within Unity that could be putting the bluetooth connection into a non-audio transmitting state briefly, which could cause sound clipping like what you're experiencing (and, in my experience, often does within applications that are playing sound files spatially from Unity).

Please let me know!

Michael @ Bose
  • psychosyspsychosys Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the reply. @[email protected] ... and sorry to get back to you so late.

This same sound file sounds fine playing the game in Unity into a pair of bluetooth speakers.

I am getting clipping and popping with Unity + Frames, and also iPhone + Frames.

Clips are short, like 0.4 seconds. Clips are also being played as 2D sounds directly on the player (whom contains an AudioListener component).
  • Filip@Bose[email protected] Member Posts: 43
    Hey @psychosys I'm not sure if this helps, but sometimes I find that if my frames are connected to 2+ devices at the same time there is distortion in the audio stream. Have you found a solution for this yet?