How can we identify boss device disconnected?

How can we identify boss device disconnected?

KetanSodvadiyaKetanSodvadiya Member Posts: 20
Hello,

When device is connected and inBetween when device is disconnected then i need to achieve another functionality. so how can i identify my bose device is disconnected to my device?

Thanks.

Answers

• Nadine@Bose[email protected] Member Posts: 111
    Hi @KetanSodvadiya,

You'll be managing your sessions in your delegate, WearableDeviceSessionDelegate. When a device is disconnected, it'll hit the delegate method and one of the functions under the delegate will get called. 

https://developer.bose.com/docs/ios-wearable-sdk/4.0.8/Protocols/WearableDeviceSessionDelegate.html

Try taking a look at this:  session(_:didCloseWithError:)

Does this help you?

Best,
    n
  • ericdoleckiericdolecki Member Posts: 15
    Conform to the WearableDeviceSessionDelegate. 

And then something I have used.

func session(_ session: WearableDeviceSession, didCloseWithError error: Error?) {

if error != nil {

print("Session closed error: \(error!)")

if (error?.localizedDescription.contains("disconnected from us"))! {

//if error?.localizedDescription == "The specified device has disconnected from us." {

let alert = UIAlertController(title: "Disconnected", message: "Your device has disconnected.", preferredStyle: .alert)

alert.addAction(UIAlertAction(title: "OK", style: .default, handler: nil))

self.present(alert, animated: true)

}

}

}

• KetanSodvadiyaKetanSodvadiya Member Posts: 20
    Hi @KetanSodvadiya,

You'll be managing your sessions in your delegate, WearableDeviceSessionDelegate. When a device is disconnected, it'll hit the delegate method and one of the functions under the delegate will get called. 

https://developer.bose.com/docs/ios-wearable-sdk/4.0.8/Protocols/WearableDeviceSessionDelegate.html

Try taking a look at this:  session(_:didCloseWithError:)

Does this help you?

Best,
    n
    Yes, We have already did that and handled delegates methods but there are just i wan to check its same SDK allow to paring NC700 Headphone? 

Thank you For the your concern  
  • edited 08/14/2019 - 16:04
    Nadine@Bose[email protected] Member Posts: 111
    Hi,

Yes, it is the same SDK for pairing with the NC700's. The SDK works cross platform with the Frames, QC35II's and 700'S. HOWEVER----  the gestures that you will use between these devices ARE NOT THE SAME! .   

Frames and 35'ii's: you have affirmative and negative and input: head nod, head shake, double tap

For the 700's: the affirmative, negative, and input are a little different: headnod, headshake, and touch  and hold.