Tap Gestures not registering with application AFTER leaving and re-entering a view controller

Tap Gestures not registering with application AFTER leaving and re-entering a view controller

edited 07/02/2019 - 20:44 in Bose AR SDK for iOS
randyfongrandyfong Member Posts: 7

First Time

First time entering a view controller:

boseFrameSession.device?.configureGestures { config in
      config.disableAll()
      config.set(gesture: .doubleTap, enabled: true)
}

Everything works fine.

Double tap gestures are being recognized.

Second Time

Second time entering a view controller (after leaving).

The same code is executed.

boseFrameSession.device?.configureGestures { config in
      config.disableAll()
      config.set(gesture: .doubleTap, enabled: true)
}

But, Double tap gestures are NOT being recognized.

GIT source for the application experiencing this issue is available upon request for Bose personnel assigned to this problem.

Just send me your GitHub username.

Configuration 

Bose ALTO Frame
Firmware 4.0.3

SDK V4.08 (29)

Comments

• Nadine@Bose[email protected] Member Posts: 111
    HI @randyfong,

Thanks for reporting the issue- can you PM your github so I can clone the repo and troubleshoot?

Thanks,
    nadine
  • edited 07/02/2019 - 21:24
    randyfongrandyfong Member Posts: 7
    Hi @[email protected],

Can you give me your GitHub username and I can setup access.

Randy
    Hey @randyfong
    I just messaged you my github!
    Hi @randyfong,

It looks like the error I'm getting is more of a application lifecycle error. We  can chat further. Send me your email, and I'll send you the errors I'm getting. 

Best,
    n
  • ericdoleckiericdolecki Member Posts: 15
    I wonder if you need to pass your session around - or perhaps set up in AppDelegate and reference the session from there?
  • edited 08/15/2019 - 05:12
    Nadine@Bose[email protected] Member Posts: 111
    Hey all,

Update on the app:  I fixed the bugs you had via the project you sent me on GitHub.   It still needs a lot of cleanup- but the functionality with the BoseAR stuff is working.  Couple of things for people looking over this thread:

1)Sessions being passed between view controllers: make sure you are not getting nil. Always test whether the session is being successfully passed.  Simple print statement will work. 

2) Configure Gestures, Listener events: make sure they are on the main thread. 

3) Follow this gitbook for pattern to build: It's pretty easy to follow and explains everything about BoseAR stuff. If you have questions about the gitbook, please open another forum question.  Don't pay attention to the version 3 stuff for the coding, look to the version 4 stuff, which is the current SDK. I built this integration code for developers who needed to migrate their code.  I will update the gitbook, github, and etc with all this stuff by next week. Will follow up on this thread and another post when it is up.

https://app.gitbook.com/@bosedevs/s/integrating-with-bosear/part-three-integrate-version-4-of-the-bose-ar-ios-sdk/configure-gestures

Side note: I'm working on code samples for passing sessions between view controllers and such. 

Thanks all!
    n