Bose Frame Focus Point

Bose Frame Focus Point

KetanSodvadiyaKetanSodvadiya Member Posts: 20
Hello,

I am creating one iOS application with Bose frame.I already achieve double tap and single tap gesture for play/pause audio.. but I can't achieve functionality of Focus point means i add one marker on particular location on map and when I see/focus on that location using Bose frames then can it be possible to receive success/failure notification for focus location or not?

Can you have any demo of Bose frame focus point? 

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• KetanSodvadiyaKetanSodvadiya Member Posts: 20
    Hi @[email protected] ;

Thank you so much for giving me awesome answer for spending your valuable time. Can you have an idea about how can we achieve focus functionality using Coding?

I already check below 2 links but nothing in this links:

https://bosedevs.bose.com/categories/bose-ar-sdk
    https://developer.bose.com/guides/bose-ar/getting-started-ios 

Thanks,
    Ketan
  • Nadine@Bose[email protected] Member Posts: 111
    Hi @KetanSodvadiya,

To understand your question correctly: You're putting markers on your map. When you say "when I see/focus on that location" does that mean you're like 600 feet from that location? and you want to turn right or left to navigate? Can you elaborate what you're trying to do or what you're building? What's the use case you are trying to accomplish? 

Thanks for this information,
    nadine
    Hi @[email protected]

We add one location on google map and assign one audio file on that location. 

When I closer(500 meter to my marker location) achieved double tap functionality
        - Like when i closer to my location marker and double tap on bose frame then its starting to playing that location audio.
        - Now i want to achieve functionality like when I near to that marker location and looking at that location I want to play that audio by just looking it (location).

As per your Demo(Video) when user see/focus on restaurant then double click on bose frame it play instruction in bose frame. I want same feature like when i see/focus on marker using bose frame then audio will starting to play or give success response (ex., notifications).

Please check attached following link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVNWEi616Og&t=462s

In above link please see the video between 6:50 to 7:30.

Can we achieve that type of functionality?

Can we have any sensor for focus on my location using wear bose frame?

Example,
    We put one location marker on building and when i go to near by that building and see that building then play audio or give notification or give some success response to see/focus to that building.

Thanks,
    Ketan
    Hi @KetanSodvadiya,

You can use the gyroscope to get head orientation.  As the head turns to that building or the area of that building, the user can double tap to get the audio.  Obviously, with GPS location, there will be some discrepancy- it may not be completely accurate, depending on signals and such.  Something you can do: put an audio marker in an area,  get the head orientation of the user , when the head orientation is xxdegrees facing the building, give them the option to double tap.  

We don't have code samples for this exact use case- but this is something we can put into consideration for code samples. Does this help you? 

Best,
    nadine
    Hi @[email protected]

i already use gyroscope sensor data for focus point. as per your comments "it may not be completely accurate" its not return accurate result. But how to achieve focus functionality with accurate result(100% result)?

Can you have more idea about that?

Thanks,
    Ketan
    Hi @KetanSodvadiya,

GPS in general is accurate, but not 100% accurate depending on which location you're at.  The Frames have some slight degree of offset (drift) as you use it.  My suggestion is, when your user is in the range of a building +/- a certain degree of orientation,to enable the functionality (double tap). To say you'll always get 100% accuracy is very misleading. I know you can adjust your code to take into account some offset, and it should work just fine.  If you'd like for me to look at your code and give you suggestions, I'm happy to help!

Best,
    nadine
  • edited 05/23/2019 - 20:59
    daniel@bose[email protected] Member Posts: 41
    @KetanSodvadiya
    Thanks for bringing up this topic to our forum here.   I'll expand on @[email protected] comments on the subject.   
    The basic design pattern for most developers exploring geographical location based experiences follows a simple pattern:

1. Use iOS geo-fencing capability to detect when the mobile device enters a zone or area
    2. Push a notification to open prompt user to open the app if it's not open, or launch app from background;
    3. Provide an Audio queue (A chime or spoken word) to indicate there's a POI  -- "There's something interesting nearby, double tap to hear more"
    4. At that point - Capture the attitude and heading of the user's Bose AR-enabled device (Frames, QC-35s etc) to determine what direction they are looking -- this may be completely different than the mobile devices orientation since that may be in the users pocket. 
    5. In your app logic, use the sensor info to query your database (term loosely - local data or web service) for a match on the GPS plus Attitude / Heading.   Then return the appropriate info to the user via audio queues.

As Nadine points our sensor data and gps data from the mobile phone, is prone to drift and accuracy is often limited by location (building blocking signals for example)   

The best way to handle that is using a simple design patterns that accommodate such ambiguity.    Don't expect the user's GPS to be more accurate than a few hundred meters for example.

In the design pattern noted above, an example might be:   The user might enter a park geofence from the south side,  initially with a north heading and be look North West.   You data might have a match on the park location, and based on the initial heading they were walking (north) have associated data about the points of interest (POI) in the surrounding areas -  which you focus or pinpoint by knowing the additional context via Bose AR-enabled device sensors.

I hope this helps you further understand how to build great experiences with Bose AR.

@[email protected]