Extra resources relevant to Bose AR and Unity/calibration screen help

Extra resources relevant to Bose AR and Unity/calibration screen help

sandebensandeben Member Posts: 3
I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to Unity, so after going through the docs and guides here on the Bose website, I'm still left scratching my head a bit. Essentially I just don't know where to start if I want to implement a simple calibration screen to my project, as now I'm simply using the RotationMatcher script attached to the Main Camera object, which is just giving me the raw sensor data (I think) with no way of defining where "straight-ahead" is. If anyone has any pointers, I'd be really really appreciative.

I feel this is a fairly basic question, so perhaps it's a good idea to open a discussion on what developers have been finding useful, whether it's assets, Bose guides, relevant Unity tutorials, simple scripts, etc.

Cheers!

Comments

• edited 05/07/2019 - 00:34
    Filip@Bose[email protected] Member Posts: 43
    The idea behind calibration is taking your starting point as a reference. 
    If you know your starting rotation and your desired rotation, you can use those two to calculate the offset. Once you have an offset amount value, you can use that to subtract from your real value which should give you a calibrated value.
    I hope this doesn't sound too confusing, let me know if that makes sense. We could possibly come up with a simple example if people are having trouble with this.
  • sandebensandeben Member Posts: 3
    Hi Filip, and thanks for your reply. That's certainly helpful, as I was totally lost, but now I at least have a starting point when I try and dig into it. Hopefully I'll be able to find some more information or guides on setting something simple up. If you were to come up with a simple example though, that would be fantastic - it would be really helpful for me, and I hope others in my position would appreciate it too!

Cheers
  • Nadine@Bose[email protected] Member Posts: 111
    Hi @sandeben,

Jumping in here real quick. Have you checked out this doc about calibration:  https://developer.bose.com/guides/bose-ar/imu-calibration

Let me know if this helps? The team here is ramping up on example apps and stuff. Stay tuned.  Thanks for being patient with us.

best,
    n
  • sandebensandeben Member Posts: 3
    That looks like what I need, thanks! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.