AVAudioSession errors

AVAudioSession errors

adnamaadnama Member Posts: 6
I'm basically using the spatial audio sample code. I've changed nothing that would cause these errors:
'AVAudioSessionCategoryPlayback' has been renamed to 'AVAudioSession.Category.playback'
note 'AVAudioSessionCategory was obsoleted in Swift 3.

I get six similar errors. Changing all the names results in different errors. This code worked at the developer conference. Could someone please explain?

Comments

• Nadine@Bose[email protected] Member Posts: 111
    Hi @adnama ,

I'm going to reclone the project and try it. Give me tomorrow to get back to you. Sorry about that. I'll try to resolve this fast.

Best,
    nadine
    Hi @adnama

What is the exact repository name you are referring to-- is it the `CapFac-SpatializedAudio` ? I'm going to start troubleshooting today on the errors you are receiving. Just need the exact repo name confirmation.

Thanks!!
    n
  • adnamaadnama Member Posts: 6
    Yes, it's the SpatialAudio sample under that project.
    Hi @adnama , I was able to build with no errors. There could be a few things going on. Can you check what iOS version you are compiling to and swift version? Can you also check your Xcode version as well ? Thanks! 
  • adnamaadnama Member Posts: 6
    Xcode version 10.1 (10B61).
    I think I'm using Swift 3.
    My iPhone is running iOS 12.1.2 so I assume I'm compiling for that.
    Hi @adnama ,

I believe you need to be in Swift 4.2. If you can go into Xcode and confirm the Swift version, that'd be great.  Once you compile in Swift 3, you get a bunch of errors. 
  • deepanshideepanshi Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I have access to 'BoseWCTC/BoseWearable-iOS' repository. Can you please provide me access to `CapFac-SpatializedAudio`. Because I need to play the some audio through frames at certain specific event. It will help me to configure AVAudioSession.
    Hi @deepanshi,

We are no longer supporting the GitHub repositories.  If you go to the downloads section, you'll see the new version of the SDK.   We are working on creating a different GitHub organization to put the workshop materials there. If it is urgent, I can try to get you a zip file.  Feel free to PM me with your email, if you'd like that. 

--nadine