TV as a source

TV as a source

shimapashimapa Posts: 2Member

Hello!

So there is now way to select TV as a source, SoundTouch and Bluetooth only. Am I right?

Thank you

Comments

• Zach@Bose[email protected] Posts: 153Admin

Hi shimapa,

It depends! For our SoundTouch 300 and Lifestyle 600/650 products, it is possible to select the HDMI inputs as a source; see the /select documentation for this.

Some products also have one (or, for the SA-5, three) AUX inputs which can be selected via /select.

For some of our older products, though, which use the SoundTouch adapter, you are correct that only SoundTouch and Bluetooth are selectable.

For any product, the /sources command can be used to determine what sources are selectable - see the documentation on that command for more details.

Please let me know if you have further questions!

• edited 10/09/2018 - 12:33
    shimapashimapa Posts: 2Member

Hi Zach,

I have Bose SoundTouch 520. I guess it's an old product, right?

• edited 10/09/2018 - 13:24
    Zach@Bose[email protected] Posts: 153Admin

Hi shimapa,

Unfortunately, yes, the SoundTouch 520 uses the SoundTouch adapter, and thus the only API source selection options for that product are SoundTouch and Bluetooth.

• abdul cabdul c Posts: 2Member
    Hi Zach 

We need to control the inputs of a lifestyle 650 .  
    You are referring  with this sentence : it is possible to select the HDMI inputs as a source; see the /select documentation for this.

where can we find the selected documentation ? 

• Zach@Bose[email protected] Posts: 153Admin
    Hi @abdul c

You can find the documentation for /select here: https://developer.bose.com/guides/bose-soundtouch-api/bose-soundtouch-api-reference - this should give you what you need to select HDMI inputs as a source on Lifestyle 650.

Be sure to check our our guides as well, starting with the API Overview (https://developer.bose.com/guides/bose-soundtouch-api/soundtouch-api-overview) if this is your first time working with the API!