Savant - Soundbar 700

Savant - Soundbar 700

aldengleasonaldengleason Member Posts: 1

Looking to integrate a Soundbar 700 to a Savant automation system. I noticed the devices have an IR port, not sure if this is an input or output. If it is an input, i cant seem to find any control codes, if not, is there an IP api for basic control functions available?

Comments

• edited 10/05/2018 - 07:30
    Zach@Bose[email protected] Admin Posts: 169

Hi aldengleason,

The Soundbar 700 is controllable via IR -- I'm looking into this with the team as to whether/how we plan to make IR control codes available. I will let you know when I hear back.

As for an IP API, that will be our Smart Home API which is coming next year. More details in this blog post: A New API For A New Product Line.

• edited 10/23/2018 - 15:06
    Zach@Bose[email protected] Admin Posts: 169

Hi aldengleason,

Good news - after touching base with the team we are planning on making our IR codes available here on the developer portal. Right now the team is working through polishing up the documentation and testing things out, so they aren't ready quite yet, but will be coming. I will post back here once they are published!

• Zach@Bose[email protected] Admin Posts: 169
    An update on this -- apologies for the significant delay, but the IR protocol is now published here: https://developer.bose.com/guides/bose-soundtouch-api/bose-ir-protocol

While this is in the SoundTouch section of the site, the document covers most recent Bose products that include IR, including the Soundbar 700 referenced in this thread.
  • clownclown Member Posts: 2
    Where is the promised Samrt Home API for the Soundbar 700? You promised next year, this was 2018, now it's 2020.
    What's going on with Bose, i thought this is an high end product? Evrybody has an API today, why isn't Bose able to develop it?
    How can i get my money back?
  • benmac12benmac12 Member Posts: 1
    @[email protected]
    No news on the Smart Home API? Or the chromecast built in feature? 

• covalluscovallus Member Posts: 1
    Hi, any news on SoundBar API or should I point myself to Denon HEOS or Yamaha MusicCast for soundbar solution with API support?
  • kvanisterdaelkvanisterdael Member Posts: 4
    Any news on this new API after more than 2 years?!