Announcing the Bose Smart Home API

Announcing the Bose Smart Home API

edited 04/08/2019 - 14:32 in Smart Home API
Zach@Bose[email protected] Posts: 156Admin

Hi all! Alongside the announcement of our new product line today, we're sharing a bit of our plans around the upcoming Bose Smart Home API that will come along with that new line of products. Check out the blog post for all the details. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away here in this thread and we'll answer where we can!

Comments

• cri699cri699 Posts: 1Member
    Any news when the api will be announced ? :)
  • dniklewiczdniklewicz Posts: 3Member
    +1
    We are actually 6 months after announcements and supported devices are available widely on the market.
    Any updates? :smile:
    What happened with a blog post linked in the first post of this thread?
    bump
  • Zach@Bose[email protected] Posts: 156Admin
    Hi all,

Apologies for my delay in getting back to this thread! A couple comments:

1) The link to the blog post was indeed broken, but it should be fixed now
    2) I don't have any specific updates to share on API availability other than we're still working on it! This forum category is definitely the place to stay tuned for when we do have updates we can share.
  • edited 06/13/2019 - 10:46
    jeroenwjeroenw Posts: 1Member
    I'm using a smart home gateway (homey), it would be nice if i could control my Bose soundbar 700 with it. E.g. change volume, change TuneIn channel etc.
    Will the API be available for the soundbar 700?

ps. Do you guys have a sneak preview perhaps?
    Hi @jeroenw

The API will indeed be available for the Soundbar 700 once it is released! No details I can share around a sneak preview at this time though. Stay tuned! 
  • AlfredHomeAlfredHome Posts: 1Member
    Just bought a Bose Home 500, and did some tests. It appears that one API-call is already working. Try
    http://{ip-address}:8090/info. You will get some information from the device, at least I got it. The info in json format, not XML as in  the Soundtouch series.
  • SmitFSmitF Posts: 1Member
    That is what I also found out but is there no more info. Is there no list of commands of the current API ?  I suggest that the Bose app on my phone is also working with a API.
    So Bose please provide a RESTful API  on the soundbar 700 and Home 500. this will helps a lot with integration. Even Philips Hue has a Restful-API.
  • yannickcyannickc Posts: 2Member
    Hi @jeroenw

The API will indeed be available for the Soundbar 700 once it is released! No details I can share around a sneak preview at this time though. Stay tuned! 
    Hello Zach, is the API already available for the soundbar 700? a i have client waiting to do an integration to a crestron homesystem. So we realy look forward to it ;-) Thanks!
  • 3djc3djc Posts: 1Member
    I have several Home Speaker 300, SoundTouch API doesn't seem supported, what options do I have ?
    Hi all! I know it's been quiet on this front for a while, and I unfortunately don't have any specific updates to share, other than just confirming the team here is hard at work on the Smart Home API. When the API launches, it will support all of our more recent line of Wi-Fi connected products (Home Speaker 300/500/Portable, Soundbar 500/700). 

We recognize that it's been a year (exactly, as of today!)  since we announced the API and that lots of you are interested -- believe me when I say we want to get something into your hands as soon as possible! However, since the initial release will be a cloud-based API, there's a lot of things that we need to build out, and we want to make sure we get it right so that you have a great experience from the get-go.

Continue to stay tuned to this thread, as well as sign up for our Smart Home API mailing list if you haven't already - these will be the places we'll be making announcements about the API's availability when the time comes.
  • JespertheendJespertheend Posts: 1Member
    Thanks for the update Zach! Can't wait to get my hands on the api.
    I plan on integrating my soundbar 700 with homekit. So I can turn it on/off or change the volume using siri. Additionally I'd like to be able to switch to TV input without having to use the remote.
    Will the initial release be cloud-based only, or will there be support for connecting to devices on the local network as well?
    Keep up the good work!
  • yannickcyannickc Posts: 2Member
    Hello Zach,

Any updates so far?

thanks!