Music for the Deaf

Music for the Deaf

MonicaMoneMonicaMone Member Posts: 1

Hi, I have a fitness training business and work with a community of deaf/and/or sometimes other special needs. I use my Bose soundlink because it allows me to take my music to various classes that I conduct. In my class for the deaf, I have sometimes had the Deaf students hold the soundlink against their bodies while i play music and they can feel the beat which they very much enjoy!
After doing this, I realized that it would be nice if they could each have their own small device that they could wear that would allow them to do dance classes and exercise classes to music. I started looking around to see if there were any products available that would allow them to wear a lightweight device and would allow them to feel the vibration of the music. In looking, I did see some bone conducting headsets but they didn’t seem to be geared for a variety of people with different types of hearing loss. Then, I found a company that was willing to donate a vest they developed that used bone conducting technology and allowed the device to connect to Bluetooth. They actually did work, but the trouble was that they were too bulky and also didn’t seem to hold their charge very long and the Bluetooth connection were not that great.
What I am hoping is that someone at Bose might use their technology that is currently used for the Soundlink (or similar) to make a small, lightweight device that could be attached with an adjustable belt. In anther words somehow make the device very lightweight, small, wearable, comfortable and yet with a big sound! I would love to help market test such a device in my classes!
If anyone from Bose could help, I would love to hear back!