Possible values for tag "type" in the get /info response

Possible values for tag "type" in the get /info response

goupnorthgoupnorth Posts: 5Member

Hi Zach,

Do you know where I can find an extended list of all the possible values for that tag ?
I have a soundtouch 20 at home, and after testing and looking at the documentation I deduced that the values for the 10 and 30 models are respectively SoundTouch 10, and SoundTouch 30, but I'd like to know for the other bose soundtouch devices.

Can you help me with that ?

Kind regards,

Comments

• edited 02/13/2018 - 07:10
    Zach@Bose[email protected] Posts: 156Admin

Hi goupnorth,

I probably can round up that list, but first, I'd like to better understand your use case - can I ask what's driving the need for the type list?

I ask this because that list could evolve over time, so I would recommend handling that response dynamically - anything hard-coded against the list could require updates later. That's why we haven't published the list outright as part of the documentation. Learning more about your use case could help us provide you with an alternate solution recommendation, or help inform how we can make the API better. Thank you!

• goupnorthgoupnorth Posts: 5Member

I would just like to display a different icon depending on the model.
    That`s my only use case of the speaker model.

• edited 02/14/2018 - 08:26
    Zach@Bose[email protected] Posts: 156Admin

Hi goupnorth,

Thanks for that context - I think there are probably ways in the future we can better meet that need, but right now a lookup against the list is the only way to do it. I've copied the full list below. You may already have this covered, but I'd definitely encourage you to also handle the case where a type isn't on this list, to future-proof your application.

The list in no particular order:

• SoundTouch 10
    • SoundTouch 30
    • SoundTouch 20
    • SoundTouch Portable
    • Lifestyle 600/650
    • SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter
    • SoundTouch SA-5
    • SoundTouch 300
    • SoundTouch SA-4
    • Lifestyle
    • SoundTouch Stereo JC
    • Wave SoundTouch
    • VideoWave
    • Cinemate
  • goupnorthgoupnorth Posts: 5Member

Thanks very much.
    Yes indeed I have a default icon for all the unknown models.
    I'll think about using diagnostics data from the my application to know which type are not supported.