POST Command Problems

POST Command Problems

edited 01/04/2018 - 10:59 in SoundTouch API
liberalliberal Posts: 2Member

I've recently encountered problems with POST-ing commands to my SoundTouch and can't work out why. GET requests still work fine.
POST-ing key state=”press” sender=”Gabbo”>POWER</key'
to port 8090 on my device, which for the past few months has worked perfectly, along with all the other POST requests. When testing the string using Postman I now get the following:
'?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?
errors deviceID="000C8ABE71B0"
error value="1019" name="CLIENT_XML_ERROR" severity="Unknown">Error parsing request
'

Any idea whats up, or more importantly where I'm going wrong?
Thanks,
P

Comments

• liberalliberal Posts: 2Member

Problem Solved!

• mkandilmkandil Posts: 4Member

in GET requests i am using the below url
    http://IPAddress:8090/volume

But if i want to send POST request how will be the url ???

• edited 01/29/2018 - 09:11
    Zach@Bose[email protected] Posts: 156Admin

Hi mkandil,

The URL for GET and POST should be the same for /volume - if this isn't working for you, can you provide more information with what errors/issues you are seeing? Thanks!

• mkandilmkandil Posts: 4Member

Hi Zach

for the (GET command),,, if i used this URL (http://IPAddress:8090/volume) with any web browser ... I get the information about target volume and actual volume and mute status...

But if I want to change these values, i have to use post command..
    How will be the format for this post command i should send to the lifestyle to change the volume level and mute status ???
    And it can be done with web browser also like the GET ???

• Zach@Bose[email protected] Posts: 156Admin

Hi mkandil,

I believe the Control API docs page should have all the information you need. There's a POST /volume section with details of the request format, plus a general overview for sending POST commands (see "Step 2" in "Getting Started"), including some sample Javascript code. You'll want to use a tool like Postman or curl for POST commands if you're just looking to play around with them a bit.

I hope that helps -- let me know if you have any further questions!