SoundTouch Cloud Server API

SoundTouch Cloud Server API

thewildthewild Member Posts: 6

Hi all

Are there any plan to make the SoundTouch Cloud Server accessible via API ?

Thanks

Comments

• edited 01/03/2018 - 16:33
    Zach@Bose[email protected] Admin Posts: 169

Hi thewild -- can you clarify this request a bit for me? What specifically are you looking to be made available, or what use case are you looking to enable?

I won't be able to comment on specific development plans or timelines at this time, but additional detail from you could help to shape our future plans.

Thanks!

• edited 01/05/2018 - 08:14
    thewildthewild Member Posts: 6

Hi Zach
    Maybe I was mistaken, but as the Bose Servers hold a list of the devices linked to an account, I assumed they would also know of their configurations and be able to communicate with them.
    i.e. either the devices would "ping" the server from time to time (pull request), or the device would open a two-way communication channel with the server to be able to directly send command (push requests).
    This would allow developers to easily integrate Bose control with cloud services, for instance.

PS : I am not receiving notifications of replies on this forum, is this normal ?

• Zach@Bose[email protected] Admin Posts: 169

Hi thewild - got it, thanks for the additional information! Our current architecture doesn't actually work quite in the way you assume, so it's unfortunately not a simple/straightforward improvement to make. That said, we recognize that the ability to directly integrate with cloud services is key to unlocking a lot of really interesting use cases. Again, I can't comment on specific plans at this time, but suffice to say, we definitely hear you :).

As for the forum and notification of replies - this is the case currently (there is no way to be notified of replies), but it's definitely an improvement we want to make, as I've also mentioned here.