Updated API

Updated API

MarcelOdermattMarcelOdermatt Posts: 2Member

In the Announcement of software version 16.x was this article in the changelog:

Improved Support for 3rd-party Advanced Control Systems:

Bose has been working with several advanced universal remote control companies, such as Control4, RTI, and URC to improve control of Bose audio-for-video and SoundTouch products. This release will enable the capability of these 3rd-party controllers to begin integrating improved control via Bose APIs. Please refer to this article for more information on the companies who will be officially supporting these integrations and our plans to support them

But i havent found any improvements yet. Could you make some kind of changelog to the API? So that it is easy to find new API functionse?

kind regards

Marcel

Comments

• jimhome1608jimhome1608 Posts: 3Member

POST /speaker is new and looks interesting but did not notice any other changes myself. You can have a look at my app on bosespeaker.jimclark.net.au. click the cogs button to get your speaker connected.

• Zach@Bose[email protected] Posts: 160Admin

Hi @MarcelOdermatt,

Our improved support for these control platforms is a combination of both a small API update and a significant amount of work on the drivers for the control platforms themselves.

The API update that's now available and reflected in the new web-based documentation is the extension of the /sources and /select endpoints to include the selection of HDMI sources for our Lifestyle 600/650 and SoundTouch 300 products. For those products on version 16.x or later, you can now programmatically select those sources, which we knew was a key gap for controlling those products.

I am realizing now that it's not clear in the documentation how to programmatically check to see if a source is available for switching (without needing your application to be aware of the firmware version cutoff). I do believe there is a way to do this, but I'm going to check with the engineering team first and we'll update the /sources documentation accordingly. I'll post here too once I have an update!

Other than that, and the new Audio Notification API (the /speaker endpoint @jimhome1608 referenced above), there are no additional functionality changes. But in the future we'll definitely put together a changelog and likely post it here and/or on the blog.

• MarcelOdermattMarcelOdermatt Posts: 2Member

Hi Zach
    I did some testing. It works that you can select HDMI Inputs by post
    HDMI_1
    to /select
    But that only works, if you have setup'd the source via Unifi. If not, nothing happens. If you control the Lifestyle with discrete IR-Codes, you can select every Input, without the need to setup the source. I think this is similar to a Key-Press. But as i've seen by the SA-5, the Key-Press-API was reduced and sources are no longer avaiable.

Hi Marcel,

I'm going to follow up with the team to understand if this HDMI selection behavior you are seeing is what is expected -- I'll let you know when I hear back!

As for the SA-5, I do believe all sources should be selectable via /select, using the information from /sources - let me know if this is not working so we can investigate further. Thanks!

Hi @MarcelOdermatt,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I've learned from the team that only sources that have been set up via Unifi are selectable via HDMI, as you have found. There are no plans to change this at this time, though we've made a note that a possible future improvement could be to have any source selectable.

• SmartSmart Posts: 1Member

Hi, Zach

I Need to select the Source „CD“ from my BOSE 525 by the API from my homeautomatisation System. The change to bluetooth is possible, but not to „CD“. Andy ideas? Thanks!

• edited 07/16/2018 - 10:40
    Zach@Bose[email protected] Posts: 160Admin

Hi Stefan,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to select sources other than Bluetooth for our older SoundTouch Lifestyle systems that use the SoundTouch adapter, including the Lifestyle 525. This is due to a hardware limitation - there is no practical way for the adapter to control the sources on the console, and the API only talks to the adapter (the console has no direct network connection).

Sincere apologies that the capability you are looking for is not available on your product.

Best,
    Zach